Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Right Weigh

 

Another reason from my long list of reasons why it's different this time is because I haven't weighed myself. I weighed myself on January 1st and saw the highest number I've ever seen on the scale.

In previous attempts I have weighed weekly, bi-weekly, and daily. I've seen the scale shoot up because I had a saltine cracker. I've seen it shoot up because I worked out the night before. I feel like the scale is a bully and I don't want to be bullied by a number.

Sometimes I think about weighing monthly which would make February 1st my next weigh in but then I think, does it matter? Whatever the scale says, is it going to change what I do on February 2nd? I have the fear that I'm still not going to like whatever the scale shows and it will discourage me.

Also, it isn't about the number. It is about me living a healthy life. If I'm doing everything that is right, tracking and working out then that number should get where I want it to go.

I may change my mind but for now, I'm not weighing.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment