Saturday, January 19, 2013

Choices

I hope everyone had a great end to their week. I'm still going strong. I've been able to maintain my routine and haven't had any little slippies which brings me to today's post.

I know that sometimes life happens while dieting. There will be birthday parties, get-togethers and soirees. I just thought I would have more time before life crept in. I've already faced a baby shower and a wedding shower and I just abstained and it wasn't a big deal. Tonight my boyfriend's parents are coming into town and we are going to a favorite restaurant in Nashville. It is the perfect restaurant to take them to. Kind of a contemporary farm to table scene. Which means your entire plate is decided for you without a lot of options. I can't avoid it and that is ok. I ate a little less yesterday. I'm going to eat a little less today and tomorrow I will try to do the same to make up the deficit.

I feel pretty picture perfect this time around. I feel like I am doing a lot of things correctly. One thing that is still a struggle is that I don't see progress. I know it is still early but it can still be defeating when you look in the mirror and feel like a blob.

Yesterday, I went to the mall to piddle a bit and discovered that a pair of pants I WORSHIPED at the GAP was on sale for $24.99. YEEESS. I can do this! I get to the register and the ring up for $8.99!!!!! YYEEESSSSS!!! It was a great moment. Today, I put the pants on. They fit ok but I still feel like a huge blob in them. :(

I know this journey is about patience and I'm working on it but it is still hard.

Choose your hard.

1 comment:

  1. Patience is hard but it is so worth it! I love getting a good deal on clothes I love!

    ReplyDelete