Monday, January 14, 2013

Get Yo Workout On or Not

One question I'm sure you have at the beginning of your journey is how much to workout. Well, the truth is, I haven't done any cardio since I began. I have a foot injury that is KILLING me even when walking. think it may be a stress fracture but am living in denial

During those couple of weeks of planning, I thought that I would do yoga a couple of times a week paired with 3 or 4 times of walking/running. So far, I've been able to do yoga once a week and that's it. I'm limping most of the time.

When my foot started hurting, I began thinking....oh maybe I'll wait until it feels better before I begin this whole thang. Then I started thinking, why? Why must EVERYTHING be perfect in my eyes before I began? If that is the case, I will never start and I will never get there. I think this is why it has taken me so long to begin with.

In times past, I have started dieting and exercising hard core at the same time (we're talkin' P90X, or spinning classes several times a week or running) and I have crashed and burned. It might work for some people. No doubt, it will probably speed things along for me but it also becomes too many changes all at once for me that I can't handle.

My whole life can't change overnight. If this is a forever change, it has to be gradual so that it sticks forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment