Friday, January 25, 2013

Still Hanging On!

It's been a week or so since my last post. The first couple or days after were rough. On Saturday, we ended up going to one of our favorite restaurants in Nashville, Firefly Grille. They are known for eclectic food but not an ounce of it fat-free. I knew going into Saturday that I was going to have an indulgent meal. I had a beet salad and their truffle oil macaroni and cheese. It was rich and delicious! worth every calorie

That wasn't the struggle. The struggle came the next day when I realized they would want to have brunch as well. An omelet with cheese, 2 smallish pancakes with syrup, 3 glasses of orange juice, 3 pieces of bacon, and a handful of melon later was the beginning of the end on Sunday. That was followed by a huge piece of chocolate cake from my grocery deli of all places, a Cadbury egg and a coke.

I know the look you are giving me. Poor choices. In 2012, this would have been the beginning of a binge for me. I would have shoveled and continued eating food all night long. The next morning, I woke up right back on track. Also woke up with a belly ache.

Before this, I would have become discouraged at my failures and vowed to start again but wouldn't have. I would spend the next few weeks eating out three times a day and snacking in between. I may have pulled it together for one day but within a couple of days, I would have been discouraged and saddened and stopped. Not this time.

Still going. Still hanging on.

No comments:

Post a Comment