Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Oh yeah, the calories

Some of you future readers may be wondering exactly how much I eat. I've told you what an average day LOOKS like for me but didn't tell you how much I eat exactly.

People get really excited about 1200 calorie diets. Well for someone who has been average 2500 calories a day, it is quite a sacrifice to more than half what I would normally eat. I've done 1200 before but it is harder for me. I want to gnaw my arm off and I have more cravings. There might be a slight difference on the scale if I ate 1200 but how long could I honestly eat that before I gave up and cheated? Not long.

So, the restriction I've set for myself is 1500 calories. I don't hit it everyday. I usually average around 1350 and I never push it after dinner. That includes eating five decent meals a day. A couple of times because I've been super busy or ridiculously tired, it has been in the 1000-1200 range. Not enough times to be unsafe. I've also hit that 1400-1500 range enough for there to be a balance. It isn't perfect but I NEVER go over.

Before this time, I would do a little 1585 or 1620 telling myself it was fine but it wasn't. That last 100 calories or so were because of poor planning or giving into munchies. Unnecessary.

I also planned 1500 with the intention of lowering it as I begin losing weight. I expect monthly to lower it 100 calories or so.

Just what I'm doing. By all means. Do what you need to do. If I've figured out anything it is that your diet must be all of your doing. It must fit you perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. I probably ate around 1500 when I was losing all my weight. 1,200 is a hard level to maintain for me as well.

    ReplyDelete