Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Healthy Eating? What a concept!

If I haven't mentioned it already (um...maybe I have.) I stopped doing to "fad" diet that a few co-workers were doing. The diet frankly ticked me off. I couldn't have fruit after 2 p.m. I couldn't have a steak. I couldn't have squash. Really? Squash? I enjoy squash. It's my happy, flexible vegetable. Sometimes...I need a piece of fruit after 2 p.m. Sometimes, I'm either going to hurt someone, eat a sundae or eat an orange. Let me have my fruit.

Today I started back to ole tried and true 1200 calories. I didn't hit 1200 today. I know that is because you aire of the side of caution on Day One. Tomorrow, I have no doubt that I will eat 1199 calories.

Tomorrow also starts the Biggest Loser Challenge at my part-time work place. I'm excited about that healthy competition! I'm hoping it is the motivation I need to continue being successful.

I'm very intrigued about how biology and chemistry works in the body. I don't understand the scale. I gained 2 pounds over the course of my day. I try not to look at things like that because I have to have faith that in the long run my body will post the numbers I'm hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment